Passing of Eugene Burger



A bit of sad news: Eugene Burger, listed among the top most influential magicians and authors in the modern history of performing magic, has passed away from cancer at the age of 78. He was best known for his signature piece, "Gypsy Thread", one of the most beautiful close-up magic performance pieces that I have ever witnessed.



Eugene was one of my closest friends in the magic industry, and helped me with my magic show in more ways than I can even begin to count. I got to perform with him on stage at a show here in Dallas some months ago, but I never thought that it would be the last time that I would ever see him. Fortunately, before he left us, he passed along his Gypsy Thread routine to me, and I will be performing it in my shows as a tribute to Eugene and his magic. He will be missed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Independent Electrical Contractor's Association Christmas Party

Penn & Teller Performance